Showcase Sunday (6)

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Book, Biscuits, and Tea, where we showcase what books we've gotten throughout the course of the week, whether it be from a book store, bought for your eReader, received from the library, or from the publishers for review.

For Review: 


  

Crewel by Gennifer Albin (via NetGalley)

Bought:


   


This was such a great week for review copies and bought books! I've been looking forward to reading Crewel and Eve and Adam ever since my friend Giselle gave them both glowing reviews, and I just recently found out about The Shadow Society and thought it sounded awesome. That being said, you can imagine my excitement when I saw those books on NetGalley, and you can probably imagine the look on my face when I realized I was autoapprove for MacMillan on NetGalley, and all of those books are published by MacMillan. Eeek! And as for the books I bought this week, I can't wait to read them, either! Especially Ultraviolet and The Fault in Our Stars. I'm excited to read Ultraviolet because it's gotten rave reviews from so many friends of mine (and apparently it has a shocker ending, which I love), and I'm excited to read The Fault in Our Stars for the exact same reason (minus the shocker ending, though). And yes, I'll be sure to have a box of tissues at hand. And I bought Still Waters solely because it's been touted as a YA The Shining, which is one of my favorite books. It hasn't gotten the best reviews, but still, a YA version of The Shining sounds like some ringing endorsement. (Off-topic: Am I the only one who thinks the girl on the cover looks like Rose from Titanic? And, it says on the cover, "He'll never let her go." Is this some sort of Titanic fanfiction? Did I miss a memo or something?)

What books did you get this week? 

Link me up in the comments!

3 comments :

  1. ... And I posted this Saturday night. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read another book by R.J. Anderson. I have not heard too many warm thoughts about Ultraviolet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw! Didn't you give it five stars? I'll definitely have to check it out. And what do you mean by warm thoughts? I've heard great things about Ultraviolet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!