Waiting on Wednesday - Split Second by Kasie West

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Split Second by Kasie West.

Split Second
Kasie West
Series: Pivot Point, #2
Release Date: February 11th, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Waited on by: Blythe

Add to Goodreads

Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.

To say I am merely waiting on this book would be a massive, massive understatement. Pivot Point is one of my favorite books of all time, and this just sounds so beyond amazing... And getting a POV from Laila? And more Trevor? I...I just can't. 

What are you waiting on?

 Let me know in the comments!

14 comments :

  1. I still haven't read Pivot Point but I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. I really like this cover it's prettier than the first one. Great pick!

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH GOD I WANT THIS ONE SO BAD. The wait for this is torture. But I can't wait to see Addie and Trevor fall in love AGAIN. ♥ And Laila's point of view! Bound to be awesome. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eager for this one too! So many great books coming up--the waiting is so hard!

    My Friends Are Fiction's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds GOOD!!! I want to read GOLDEN, IN THE AFTER, THE NEARLY HONORABLE LEAGUE OF PIRATES...and more. There are so many good books out this year. I'm supposed to be working and all I want to do is read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick!! I still need to read the first one, but I do have it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these covers for this series! I still have to read Pivot Point but it will happen, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES. Pivot Point was nothing short of amazing, and I LOVE the sound of Split Second (it's title is pretty darn awesome, too). I like that Kasie's letting us see into Laila's perspective as well. And how can I ever say no to Trevor? I need this. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Pivot Point yet but everyone is absolutely raving about it so I'll get to it soon. Good choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I first saw the wonderful reviews about Pivot Point from you, then Christina, then Wendy Darling... and I have a copy now, and a friend read it, and y'all are recommending it, and AHHH. Okay, so I have to get on it. That way, I can be waiting on Split Second with you too. I hope it's everything you're expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for this one, too. I loved Pivot Point and can't wait to find out what happens next. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Pivot Point so I'm definitely eager to read this as well.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for this one! I didn't think Pivot Point needed a sequel (I still don't think that) but I love West's writing so much that I really just want to read more of it in whatever form.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!